Donabox fundraising insights delivers actionable data for nonprofits to use. The average person supports 4.5 charities, we help you be one of them.
●Let start our fundraising insights with the top causes people support:
○ 18% of People have said that supporting youth and family causes are most important to them.
○ 12% said animals.
○ 12% said medical research.
○ 11% said education.
○ 7% said disaster relief.
○ 7% said human rights.
○ 6% said the environment.
○ 3% said global health.
● Men between the ages of 18 and 34 are more likely to make a charitable donation than any other group.
● 60% of millennials donate an average of $481 to nonprofits each year.
● Nearly three out of four young adults are willing to raise money on behalf of an organization that matters to them.
● The average person supports 4.5 charities.
● 69% of People give charitably.
● 72% of all donations are made by individuals.
○ 15% are made by foundations.
○ 8% are made through bequests.
○ 5% are made by corporations.
● Individuals that earn $25,000 or less donate the largest share (16.6%) of their income to charity.
● 12% of all giving happens in the last three days of the year.
● Monthly donors give 42% more in one year than one-time donors.
● 88% of money raised comes from 12% of an organization’s donors.
● Nonprofits process more donations online between 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. than any other hour of the day.